March 30, 2019
This monthly updates highlights the latest TechTown news and progress in our top areas of focus: Recruitment, Retention and Measurement.
1. We hosted a TechZone Lounge at the Portland Workforce Alliance NY Youth Expo on March 19th. The TechZone was a resounding success and could not have happened without the 40+ TechTown Pledge Company employee volunteers who participated in the booth.
Special thanks to the planning committee, including Marcus and Robin from Cloudability who led the charge.
2. We updated our website to include more details about our current Programming offerings we have, including AllyShift workshops.
3. Epicodus and Prosper Portland co-facilitated a TechTown AllyShift workshop training on March 21st at Jama for over 20 attendees.
4. We hosted our Monthly Morning Session at Prosper Portland on March 27th with guests from PDX WIT. Our guests presented and shared the organization’s evolution, what’s next and key areas of focus and possible interventions.
5. We concluded our Metrics consulting with DHM research and finalized a 4 page report.
About TechTown Portland
A movement, commitment and community.
TechTownPDX is a collection of Portland tech companies who have come together to commit to a Diversity Pledge – a shared commitment and action plan to collectively advance workplace diversity and inclusion in order to grow the industry while broadening prosperity.
Our mission is to create a community to cultivate a diverse, homegrown talent pipeline and inclusive work environment.
About Prosper Portland
TechTown is powered by Prosper Portland. Prosper Portland creates economic growth and opportunity for Portland. Prosper Portland’s vision is to make Portland one of the most globally competitive, healthy, and equitable cities in the world by investing in job creation, encouraging broad economic prosperity, and fostering great places throughout the city. We aspire to be a workplace of choice with passionate staff excelling in an open and empowering environment and sharing a commitment to our collective success.
Portland tech companies have joined the Diversity & Inclusion Pledge since its initial launch in 2015.